Photos need to be -
- Digital photos sent in JPEG (.jpg) format.
- Your camera needs to be at least a 2 megapixel camera set at the highest resolution
- recommended resolution of 300PPI (pixels per inch), if it is less your photo may look grainy when printed
- try not to crop photos as this reduces the number of pixels, just send the photo to me and I will crop it for you
- Full colour or black and white, we will change to black and white if required
- Photos taken on a camera phone are NOT suitable
How to ensure you get the best photo for your card design.
- Take a look at the photos we have used and try to find similar photos
- Take lots
- Keep background simple
- For a baby, place them on a pillow, or a cushion covered with a plain light coloured cover.
- Get close up
- Get down to their level
- Try and capture different expressions
- Composition, try portrait and landscape.
- Keep your subject in focus. Most cameras automatically focus in the centre frame, but many will let you focus on your subject in the middle, press the shutter down halfway, recompose, and then press the shutter all the way down to take the picture
- Look where the shadow falls
- Quality of light, where does the light come from
- Use natural light if possible
- If using flash, make sure it is not bouncing off objects in the background
CocoCards does not photoshop photos.